Regulations are becoming increasingly complex as the food and drink sectors change and more people take an interest in what they consume.
Our Consumer Protection practice has been rapidly expanding to respond to our clients’ need for specialized advice in this important business area.
Our team advises on a complete range of consumer protection and advertising matters, concentrating its practice on:
- product safety and product liability, including warranties and product recall
- risk assessment on international and local promotional campaigns, review terms and conditions, providing copy clearance and advice on strategy
- drafting and reviewing advertising and sponsorship agreements
- advising on the use of online and social media
- advising on comparative and misleading advertising
- distance contracts/e-commerce
- consumer credit.
Our expertise spans across industries, with particular focus on banking services, cosmetics, electronic devices, fast-moving consumer goods, food and food supplements, paper, software, support and services, textiles, toys and vehicles.
By experience, we know that promptness in reaction, be it to concrete matters or to legislative changes with potential impact, is key when consumers are concerned, thus we deliver not only business tailored expertise, but also timely insights and practical solutions.
These are based on our continuous attuning to market developments, including legal changes or amendments as well as to our ongoing interface with regulatory authorities.